Shaharbeen News Service Kashmir is a news service which covers, gathers, writes, and distributes news to newspapers, periodicals, radio and television broadcasters, government agencies, and other users. We at SNS Kashmir believe in fair and independent journalism to inform our masses or subscribers and readers about the happenings around the world. The prime focus of the news gathering and reporting is focused on Jammu and Kashmir state.
A nineteen-year-old boy, who was missing from last nine days, was found dead near main bus stand in Rajouri on Wednesday evening.
Officials while talking to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) identified the boy as Mohammad Zahoor, son of Mohammad Shakoor of Bela Colony in Rajouri town.
They said he was missing from December 28 evening after which a case of missing and kidnapping was registered in Rajouri Police Station.
“On Wednesday evening, the missing boy’s body was found lying near bus stand after which it was taken into possession by police and post mortem was conducted in GMC Rajouri,” the officials said.
Meanwhile, the family members of deceased staged a protest at Abdullah bridge Rajouri and demanded thorough investigation into the matter and also strict action against the involved persons—(KNO)
Two leopards appeared in Oudur village of south Kashmir’s Shopian district Wednesday evening in search of their purported family member killed by the locals last night leaving the whole village terrified, they said.
The locals of Oudur village had killed a leopard last night inside a cow shed where it had taken refuge after mauling nine sheep to death.
The sheep belonged to one Ghulam Mohammad Mir.
It appears now that the sheep were not killed by just that one killed beast. It is believed to be an ambush by a cat family altogether as two more leopards were spotted at the same cowshed where they might have mauled the sheep last night, a local said.
He said that the duo was seen near the cowshed at around 7 pm this evening after which the villagers raised hue and cry before the cats escaped the spot.
Earlier in the day, a team of Wildlife Department officials and Station House Officer of Police Station Keegam visited the village and recorded statements of the locals regarding the killing of the leopard last night.
A case under FIR number 04/2021 has also been registered in this regard.
In-charge Wildlife Control Room Shopian, Mudasir Ahmad said that the carcass of the leopard has been kept at Police Station Keegam where a departmental veterinarian will carry out its post mortem.
He said there were grave injures on the head of the killed leopard and its tooth were broken and an eye has been removed with the force of sticks.
He also informed that locals from the village have informed him about spotting of two more leopards this evening.
“They surely would have gone there in search of their partner. Our technical inputs suggest it was a leopard family,” the officer said adding that his team will try to catch the two leopards tomorrow to release them in a safer place.(KR)
The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference General Secretary Ali Muhammad Sagar on Wednesday expressed dismay over the administrative inertia that has beset Srinagar and other areas following snowfall, asking the administration to expedite the process of restoration of basic civic amenities to people.
Expressing dismay over the failure of the administration to preempt the situation on account of the advisories of the weatherman, Sagar said the administration was again caught napping. He made an extensive tour around the city areas and interacted with people who expressed helplessness in view of the administration’s ineptness in dealing with the exigencies on ground.
Later while interacting with the media at Nawa e Subah he said the continuous inundation of low-lying areas and the sight of snowed arterials and alleys reveal the failure of the administration. He said the summer capital is reeling under darkness, and the situation of water supply wasn’t any satisfactory with many areas in the old city going without water for 12 hours a day. “The claims of the agencies concerned fall flat in view of the prolonged outages, shortage of water and non clearance of roads leading to hospitals and other public places. While the normal life of Srinagar remains out of spin, the administration is busy clicking snaps and running virtual rescue and relief operations on social media escaping from its responsibilities on ground. The reality on the ground is starkly different and appalling. So far the government hasn’t put into action its mechanical division to clear the roads, moreover the interior alleys have also been left unattended,” he said.
He said the season’s major snowfall has debunked the claims of administration on its claims of dealing with weather vagaries in the ongoing winter season. “It was only after the snowfall that control rooms were set up to deal with the exigencies and meet eventualities. The suffering of the people has mounted on account of unaccountability in hospitals and unruly price rise of essential commodities by black marketers. Fighting weather vagaries have changed across the world, but the local administration has miserably failed to update its response on those lines. In this part of the world the administration is busy in PR exercises only. Compounding the unforeseen problems is the closure of main roads, and inner alleys, even 48 hours after it started snowing,” he said.
Impressing the administration to expedite its response to the snowfall, he said the restoration of road connectivity, power and water should top the agenda of the government. He also urged the government to start immediate dewatering of roads and other low-lying areas on priority basis. (GNS)
In his first order of the new year to the country’s armed forces, Chinese President Xi Jinping stressed the need for “full-time combat readiness” and said the People’s Liberation Army must use frontline frictions to polish troop capabilities.*
Xi, who also chairs China’s Central Military Commission (CMC), the top command body, said the PLA must be ready to “act at any second” as the country’s armed forces kicked off the year’s military training and exercises on Monday.
He also ordered the PLA to “substantially increase” the use of technology in its exercises, and to keep up with the latest developments in military and hi-tech knowledge. These included the use of computer simulations and online combat in drills, as well as exploration of more opportunities to add hi-tech and the internet – known as tech+ and web+ – in training.
“[The PLA must] increase the integration of new equipment, new forces and new combat realms into training and combat systems,” he said.
Notably, Xi’s remarks about the PLA’s current “frontline military struggles” were a departure from previous year-opening orders – including 2020 – which instructed the armed forces to “manage crises and deter war”.
While he did not specify the frontline struggles, 2020 saw the worst conflict in decades with India, in the southwestern border region, which led to more than 20 Indian deaths and an undisclosed number of Chinese casualties. The two sides remain locked in a prolonged stand-off in the frozen Himalayas.
The PLA also stepped up exercises and air force fly-by operations targeting Taiwan during 2020, as its navy continued to counter US navy patrols in the South China Sea while military tensions between Beijing and Washington reached a new high.
Since taking over as president and head of the CMC in late 2012, Xi has consistently pushed the PLA to be prepared for war. He also initiated a massive overhaul of the PLA in 2015 to modernise the Chinese military, planned for completion in 2020.
Hong Kong-based military commentator Song Zhongping said Xi’s 2021 order showed the leadership was intending to take all measures to upgrade the PLA’s capability of winning a war. “China is indeed facing a great risk of war, which has been seriously implied in this order,” he said.
The PLA had increasingly adopted the use of simulators to imitate real equipment, connecting them online so that a drill could be as “real” and intense as possible, under its tech+ and web+ strategy.
“Exercises in a new era must be diversified and equipped with hi-tech, even war games,” Song said.
In the order, Xi also emphasised that military exercises must highlight cooperation across forces to forge joint operation capabilities, and the safety of soldiers in training must be well managed.
The PLA, as the military force of the Communist Party of China, must “resolutely implement” the orders from the CMC and CPC, to mark the 100th anniversary of the party’s founding on July 1 with “excellent performances”, he said.(Agencies)
Authorities in Baramulla district have issued instructions to hoteliers to extend the stay of tourists and guests till the weather improves.
“In view of the inclement weather conditions and the requests made by some tourists, instructions have been issued to the Hoteliers and other concerned stakeholders to extend the stay of tourists/guests till the weather improves,” Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Dr G N Itoo told GNS. “CEO Gulmarg Development Authority and Assistant Director Tourism Gulmarg have been directed to ensure the necessary compliance and establish help desk for the purpose.”
A leopard was killed by locals after it mauled nine sheep to death in Shopian village late last night, officials said on Wednesday.
Reports reaching GNS said a leopard killed nine sheep belonging to one Ghulam Mohammad Mir of Oudur Kegaam area of the south Kashmir district.
The locals subsequently attacked and killed the wild animal near a cowshed, they said.
Confirming the incident, SHO Kegaam told GNS a case FIR (4/2021) under relevant sections of law has been registered and further investigation has been set into motion.
A Wildlife official told GNS said that a leopard has been killed in retaliation by locals after it killed nine sheep. “We will do a post-mortem and then dispose it,” he said, adding, “A team has been deputed to the area to investigate the matter and legal action will be taken against those who are involved in this unfortunate incident.” (GNS)
People’s Democratic Party Chief Mehbooba Mufti today said the purchases of Rs 82 lakh as revealed in an RTI has not been done for her personnel home but is a property of Hospitality and Protocol Department.
Taking to KNS, Mufti said that “All these purchases is for the Hospitality and Protocol department store not for my home . Secondly this department also caters to Deputy CM, Governor and other dignitaries.”
An RTI response has revealed that Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party chief Mehbooba Mufti spent around Rs 82 lakh in the six-month span, i.e. from January to June 2018, when she was the Chief Minister of the erstwhile state of J&K.
The amount was spent for the purpose of the refurbishment of her official residence at Srinagar’s Gupkar Road, added the response. It further said that the expenditure was all paid by the Government of India.
The RTI was filed by Jammu and Kashmir-based activist Inam-un-Nabi Soudagar.
According to the RTI reply, on March 28, 2018, Mehbooba Mufti spent Rs 28 lakh for purchasing carpets. The former J&K CM spent over Rs 25 lakh on various items, including LED TVs worth Rs 22 lakh, in June 2018 also.
As per the RTI response dated September 1, 2020, there were expenses worth Rs 14 on January 30, 2017. The items purchased included a garden umbrella worth Rs 2,94,314.
Bed sheets worth Rs 11,62,000 were bought on February 22, 2018. In March 2018, Mufti spent around Rs 25 lakh on furniture and Rs 28 lakh on carpets.
Cutlery items worth Rs 40 lakh were bought from August 2016 to July 2018, RTI reply reads.(KNS).
Police Station Pahalgam made arrests in the case of death of Srinagar youth Mubashir Sajad Dar and arrested four suspects.
On 28th Dec 2020 PS Pahalgam had received an information about the death of one Srinagar based Youth namely Mubashir Sajad Dar S/o Sajad Ahmad Dar R/o Khanyar. Upon receipt of the information an inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC was initiated in police station Pahalgam. During the course of proceedings under 174 Cr pC, after completing medico-legal formalities and handing over the body of youth to legal heirs. A SIT headed by SDPO Pahalgam was formed by SSP Anantnag, Sandeep Chaudhary. Many suspects were rounded up and were questioned which included his friends who accompained him to tourist destination Pahalgam. Technical methods were used to collect evidence which led to some suspects. On basis of investigation, case FIR no 02 /2021u/s 304 IPC 8/21,20,27, NDPS Act was registered in P/S Pahalgam. Four suspects including the drugs dealer who supplied them heroin have been arrested.
1.Usman Ali Baba S/o Ali Mohammad Baba R/o wanabal sgr.
2.Kateeb Ali Buch S/o Nasir Jan Buch R/o Wanabal Sgr.
3.Oman Aftab Dar S/o Aftab Ahmad Dar R/o Hyderpora sgr
The Drugs Dealer – Reyaz Ahmad Dar S/o Mohd Ramzan DarR/o Hassanpora tavela Bijbehera.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Dr G N Itoo along with his team of officers today toured several locations of Baramulla in order to get the first hand appraisal of snow clearance measures besides taking into account of the restoration of essential services.
On the occasion, DC took appraisal of the situation during which which he directed for clearing all roads and links, where ever uncleared, on war foot basis so that people may not face any inconvenience. DC directed to mobilize additional men and machinery so that these roads are cleared within shortest possible time. He also took a detailed review of various essential services including water, power and other services wherein he emphasized for restoring it within the shortest possible time, wherever it got disrupted.
Speaking on the occasion, DC informed that essential services especially power and water supply was restored in almost all parts of the district for which administration has mobilized the resources effectively. He added that major roads were cleared whereas the remaining roads shall be cleared as early as possible. DC also said that, in far flung and remote areas, various essential commodities including ration, LPG etc were stocked well in advance so that the people living in such areas may not face any inconvenience.
Dr Itoo also said that administration has launched emergency health mobilisation programme wherein critical patients more especially pregnant women of remote areas were shifted to some designed health centres well in advance so that any kind of exigency is averted. He said that such an initiative was taken to ensure qualitative and efficient healthcare services.
Disha Gupta of Gandhi Nagar Jammu, Aditya Sangotra of Pancheri Udhampur and Vivek Pathak of Kathua have been declared selected for Civil Services in the UPSC Reserve list.
You must be logged in to post a comment.