Police book NC district president for thrashing cop at party office in South Kashmi

SNS KASHMIR

PULWAMA, JANUARY 4, :

Police Monday booked and arrested National Conference District President Pulwama after he allegedly thrashed a police constable at party headquarters.

Sources told news agency Kashmir News Trust that Ghulam Mohiuddin National Conference District President for South Kashmir’s Pulwama thrashed Head Constable Abdul Gani, (67/Pl) at NC office Pulwama. The Head Constable is deputed as guard commander at NC office, and he had reportedly not allowed media personnel to enter into NC office, which infuriated NC district president and he thrashed the cop.

Sources added that the cop accordingly informed the police station that brought Mir to Station for legal action.

“There was scuffle and Mir manhandled the cop after he didn’t allow media personnel to enter into NC district office located at Mujahid Manzil Pulwama,” said an eyewitness.

A police official confirmed that NC district president Mir has been arrested and a formal case vide FIR number 3/2020 under section 323, 353 has been registered against him. (KNT)

DC Reviews R- Day Arrangements in B’la

Baramulla, January 04: In order to review the arrangements for celebration of republic day function 2021, Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Dr G N Itoo chaired a meeting of concerned officers here at dak bungalow to discuss various measures for its smooth celebration.

Meeting was attended by SSP Baramulla Abdul Quyoom, ADDC Aijaz Abdullah Saraaf, heads of various concerned departments and other district and sectoral officers.

On the occasion, a threadbare discussion on the subject was held wherein it was informed that main function will be held at District Police Lines where the National flag hoisting ceremony would be held. It was further informed that function will start with Shahnai Wadan after which contingents of JKAP, Police, IRP, CRPF, NCC and school children will present march past.

Speaking on the occasion, DC stressed upon the concerned officers to work with coordination and cooperation so that function is conducted smoothly. He directed to make all the requisite arrangements including composition of parade, display of tableaus, cultural items, rehearsal, transport arrangements, seating arrangements, printing and issuance of invitation cards, etc well in advance. Moreover, DC directed to keep men and machinery ready so that any kind of eventuality is tackled in case of snowfall. It was decided that similar functions shall be organized at Sub-divisional levels.

Lawaypora encounter: Omar Says Only Fair Probe Will Satisfy Families, Hopes Bodies Are Returned

SNS KASHMAR

SRINAGAR, JANUARY 4 :

Former Chief Minister and National Conference vice president Omar Abdullah on Monday said that only a fair and transparent probe can satisfy families of three youth killed at Hokersar Lawaypora Srinagar last week. While police said that the trio was militants, their families insist that slain were innocents.

“It is very important that the probe in to this encounter be concluded at the earliest. Only a fair & transparent probe, already promised by @manojsinha_ , will satisfy the families who have lost their loved ones who they insist were innocent,” Omar said in a tweet.

He said that the Lieutenant Governor has promised a fair and speedy probe in to this encounter national Conference member parliament and former judge of the high court Hasnain Masoodi called upon him and spoke to him about it. “In the interim we hope the LG will order the handing over of the bodies to the families.”

Three youth— 24-year-old Ajaz Maqbool Ganai from Putrigam Pulwama, 22-year-old Zubair Ahmad Lone from Turkawangam Shopian and Athar Muhstaq Wani from Bellow, Pulwama, were killed on December in the “encounter” at Lawaypora. Police have claimed that the trio was militants despite no case registered against them even as families have consistently rejected the claim. (GNS)

Lawaypora ‘encounter’: Police Releases Brief Video Showing Army Offering Surrender To ‘Trapped Militants’

SNS KASHMIR

SRINAGAR, JANUARY 04 :

Police on Monday release a video in which army personnel can be heard offering surrender to “trapped militants” inside a house at Hokersar Lawaypora here on December 29 last.

“On 29/12/20 evening after the cordon at #Hokersar, troops are repeatedly #appealing the trapped #(militants) to come out and #surrender with assurances that they will not be harmed,” police said in the tweet. In the 27-second a drone can be seen outside hovering around house while an army man makes offer of surrender: “You are given a chance to surrender. Leave weapons and come out.

We assure you that you will not be harmed. Hands up and come out.” Three youth— 24-year-old Ajaz Maqbool Ganai from Putrigam Pulwama, 22-year-old Zubair Ahmad Lone from Turkawangam Shopian and Athar Muhstaq Wani from Bellow, Pulwama, were killed on December in the “encounter” Lawaypora. Police have claimed that the trio was militants despite no case registered against them even as families have consistently rejected the claim.

The “encounter” was launched on the inputs of army and eventually fructified into a joint operation of the Army, CRPF and Police. “After the cordon was laid, militants lobbed grenades from inside and fired upon the search party.

As per the SOP, troops repeatedly appealed to the militants to surrender in the evening and again in the morning. However, instead of surrendering, they fired upon the troops and were eventually neutralized in a firefight.”(GNS)

Not handing over bodies to families against religion and humanity: Mehbooba Mufti

SNS KASHMIR

SRINAGAR, JANUARY 4,:

Peoples Democratic Party President Mehbooba Mufti Monday asked government to return the dead bodies of three youth killed in Srinagar ‘encounter’.

She was replying to the questions of the Reporters at her Gupkar based residence here in Srinagar.

Mehbooba Mufti said that she is aghast the way New Delhi is treating Kashmiris. “It is the height of repression that you decline the body of a son to her mother even when the slain is innocent. You don’t have any proof about these 3 youth and still you are linking them to militancy. I fail to understand why New Delhi and Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha is not feeling for these hapless mothers,” she said.

“During Amshipora encounter it was claimed that three men killed were militants but later on they turned out labourers from Rajouri. This is how things are going in Kashmir,” Mehbooba Mufti as per news agency KNT said.

Mehbooba Mufti said that such tactics won’t help and it will widen the gap that is already deeply widened between people of Kashmir and New Delhi. “How long will New Delhi suppress the people of Kashmir on gun point and how long will you make people hostage,” she questioned.

She said when in power she was asked not to return the bodies of militants to families but she declined saying it is against the humanity and religion. (KNT)

Emergency Health Services Mobilization launched in Baramulla

Repsentainal Image

SNS KASHMIR

BARAMULLA,JANUARY 04 :

Amid harsh weather, the administration in Baramulla has launched Emergency Health Services Mobilization Programme in the district.
During the programme, the pregnant women of the remote areas will be shifted to designated health centers in advance.

Meanwhile an Officer told that , “Acting on the directions of Deputy Commissioner Baramulla, health department has launched Emergency Health Services Mobilisation Programme wherein a few critical patients more especially pregnant women of remote areas have been shifted to designated health centres well in advance while others shall be shifted tommorow morning.

He said All the BMOs have been directed to arrange Ambulances for the purpose whereas people can call on 108 in case of any emergency”.

“The move was taken In view of weather advisory issued by MeT department so as to avert any kind of exigency that may arise due to disruption in road connectivity due to snowfall”, he added.

Elderly woman tourist from Tamil Nadu dies in Gulmarg

Picture Courtesy :Sagar

SNS KASHMIR

SRINAGAR, JANUARY 4 :

An elderly woman tourist from Tamil Nadu, staying in a hotel in snow-bound Gulmarg, died, officials said on Monday.

They said that the 76-year-old woman Kashturi wife of Rthanavelu ofChennai Tamil Nadu who was staying at Hotel Royal Park Gulmarg was brought to PHC Gulmarg in critical condition.

She was referred to Sub District Hospital Tangmarg, the officials told SNS KASHMIR . However, she was declared brought dead on arrival by the doctors who attended her at the SDH Tangmarg, they said. Further details are awaited.

Lawaypora encounter: Families protest, demand bodies, fair investigation

‘Bodies Are Properties Of Families As Per int’l, HR Laws, Why Are They Afraid In Handing Them Back’

SNS KASHMIR

SRINAGAR, JANUARY 4 :

Families of three youth, killed in an “encounter” at Lawaypora area of Srinagar recently, along with some local activists and people on Monday staged a protest demonstration in Press Enclave Srinagar, demanding a fair investigation and return of bodies of the “innocent” trio.

“We want justice. We are ‘oppressed’. Our son was innocent. Return his body,” said a family member of one of the slain youth during the protest held despite the snowfall. “They have snatched everything from me. Now nothing is left with me. Kill me in encounter also and bury me along with them,” Mushtaq Ahmad Wani, father of the 16-year-old youth Athar Mushtaq Wani who was among the three youth killed last week. “You (soldiers) will get more rewards and you would be applauded by your mother and sisters as brave sons,” Mushtaq said as protesters, also comprising a social activist and some people besides the families, shouted slogans in demand for “justice.”

Three youth 24-year-old Ajaz Maqbool Ganai from Putrigam Pulwama, 22-year-old Zubair Ahmad Lone from Turkawangam Shopian and Athar Muhstaq Wani from Bellow, Pulwama, were killed on December 31 at Lawaypora. Police have claimed that the trio were militants despite no case registered against them even as families have consistently rejected the claim.

“Bodies are properties of families as clearly elucidated in International and human rights laws. Why are you afraid of handing over dead bodies,” Angad Singh, a social activist from south Kashmir, told reporters.“See an Indian army soldier is not an angel and he can also make mistakes. We have seen what happened with three youth from Rajouri in (Amshipora) Shopian. You are media men, please tell me wasn’t it exposed later,” he said, “If they were involved in militancy, please prove to us. It is not the case that you have become court, judge and jury.”

He said that how can teenager Athar who had no case registered against him with police during a short life span of 16 years becomes a “hardcore over ground worker (OGW of militants)” within an hour and a half. “If there is any democracy, they have to answer. They can give tag of OGW to anyone. Prove the allegations,” the local activist said. “I am not a politician. I’m a human being and I came in support of these families,” he said, adding, “They (police) now say that Athar’s cousin was killed four years ago being a member of some armed group. How can it be justified to link Athar with him,” he said, adding, “Tell me how many (former) MLAs are in Kashmir whose brother, father or cousins were militants. “If this any justification, kill them also.” He said there are only two demands, one being investigate the case and handover the bodies. (GNS)

Lt Governor administers Oath to Justice Pankaj Mithal as the new Chief Justice of the High Court for Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh

SNS KASHMIR

JAMMU JANUARY 04 :

Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha today administered the Oath of Office to Justice Pankaj Mithal as the new Chief Justice of the Common High Court for the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh at a swearing-in ceremony here at Convention Centre.

The Lt Governor congratulated Justice Pankaj Mithal for his new appointment.

The Registrar General of the High Court read out the warrant of appointment. Proceedings of the Oath Ceremony were conducted by Sh. Nitishwar Kumar, Principal Secretary to the Lt Governor.

Chief Justice Pankaj Mithal has been appointed to head the High Court for Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh in view of the retirement of Chief Justice Gita Mittal recently.

Former Chief Justice, J&K, Justice Gita Mittal; Judges of the High Court, J&K; Judges from Allahabad High Court; Members of Parliament; Advisors to the Lt Governor; Chief Secretary; Administrative Secretaries; Senior officers of Judiciary; Civil Administration; Police; family members and friends of Justice Pankaj Mithal were also present on the occasion.

JKNC Vice President North Kashmir Dr Sajad Shafi Uri expresses concern over difficulties confront people due to fresh snowfall.

Urges Govt to ensure electricity, essentials, road clearance  in North Kashmir.

SNS KASHMIR

SRINAGAR,JANUARY 04 :

The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference vice president north Kashmir Dr Sajad Shafi Uri   has expressed anguish over the hardships confronting people living  in North  Kashmir due to fresh snowfall, demanding that the electricity and road clearance  especially in Nambla, Dudran, Bernate, chotali, lachipora, Mayan,Churanda, Mohthal, Hatlanga, Panjnag Nawa Runa, zamorpatan  and elsewhere in  North Kashmir be ensured, on war footing basis.
Dr Sajjad Shafi Uri  also urged the Govt to ensure every facility to people living in   Karnah, Keran, Machil, Gurez, which are disconnected due to the snowfall and their difficult topographies.

*Dr Sajjad Shafi Uri urges District administration to use labour or snowcutters to clear snow on roads because JCB’ damage magdam and it is huge loss for state.*

JKNC Vice President North Kashmir Dr Sajjad Shafi Uri  said that it seems that administration has got buried under a few inches of snow, as that various far off places were  disconnected with their respective district headquarters.